Reports To: Office Manager/District Secretary
Duties: Responsibilities include but not limited to the following
Hours: 40 hours per week with occasional after-hour meetings required
• Actively participates in health fairs and speaking engagements.
• Supplies speakers to schools, churches, civic groups and all others requesting such services.
• Maintains a list of members who represent the fellowship in a positive manner, and would fit the needs of the organization requesting a speaker.
• Seeks out Hospitals, Treatment Centers and other related facilities to see if A.A. can be complimentary to their programs.
• Keeps supervisor informed of all outreach requests.
Cleveland Corrections Committee & Outreach Committee
• Attends and participates in the monthly corrections committee meeting and outreach committee meeting as a representative of the Cleveland District Office.
• Keeps supervisor informed of the proceedings and forwards a copy of the meeting minutes.
Weekend Phones, Volunteers, 12 Step Calls
• Coordinate Groups to assist the Cleveland District Office in answering weekend phones.
• Coordinate daytime volunteers during business hours to help answer phones along with other clerical tasks.
• Find members to do 12 step calls: call back alcoholics who have called the Office, talk to them, and help get them to meetings.
Office/Literature Back-up When Necessary
• Greet, assist and stay alert to AA members and other visitors to office.
• Assist customers in finding literature.
• Answer phones.
• Literature sales tasks as needed including cashier.
Coordinate and Develop with Office Manager/District Secretary other Volunteer Activities needed by Cleveland District Office
1. Help with Checking Out Groups
A. Is the group still in existence?
B. Do we have the correct Secretary/Treasurer?
C. Are the time and location correct?
D. Does the Meeting carry the Message of Alcoholics Anonymous?
2. Help with Archives
A. By finding volunteers to record members both long-timers and new people on their recollections and experiences coming into A.A.
3. Twelve Step Work
A. Visiting members in the hospitals or nursing homes.
B. Helping out-of-town visitors get to meetings.
C. Helping new people out of treatment or other newcomers to get to meetings or meet them at meetings or phone them.
D. Finding Members somewhat fluent in Spanish, Russian and other languages as resources.
4. Other Tasks as Needed
A. Organize activities that support CDO Annual Fund Drive.
B. Build strategic member and community relationships as needed.
C. Participate in outreach events as needed.
D. Develop plan to recruit, train and utilize volunteers.
E. Develop Outreach materials and packets.
Qualifications and Skills
• Excellent written, presentation, computer and communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects.
• Outgoing and engaging personality with confidence to interact face to face with people.
• Salary Discussed at interview.