Alcoholics Anonymous Cleveland District Office
Alcoholics Anonymous Cleveland District Office is an Ohio non-profit corporation established in 1945 to provide a physical location for Alcoholics Anonymous in Cuyahoga County. It is exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
This is where the "Twelfth Step" phones are answered and members can get A.A. literature and information.
Alcoholics Anonymous Cleveland District Office is not affiliated with the General Service Office of Alcoholics Anonymous, A.A. World Services or the AA Grapevine.
The mission of Cleveland District Office is to:
- Provide and maintain a place for the local service organizations and committees to meet and conduct business, including the A.A. Helpline
- Answer or refer inquiries regarding A.A. to the appropriate group or individuals
- Obtain and supply AA-related literature and materials to individuals, groups and institutions
- Maintain a calendar of service activities for the local A.A. community
- Store archival information for local service associations
The service area includes the counties of Cuyahoga, Geauga and Lake. In addition to publishing the monthly Central Bulletin, conducting quarterly secretary workshops, finding sign language interpreters and helping members with special needs, here are a few highlights of how this office helped us and other alcoholics who still suffer from the past year.
- Answered over 22,000 calls for help
- Provided information to more than 70,000 via this website
- Provided over 165,000 pieces of literature
- Printed 48,000 updated schedule books
- Sold 78,000 pieces of literature