Why Subscribe to Central Bulletin?Central Bulletin includes an array of topics; including breaking news, special announcements, group changes, culture, local coverage and engaging interactive stories.
- Recovering Writers – Will move you with their recovery stories, essays and creative writing covering topics that matter most to you such as Twelve Steps, Twelve Traditions, Acceptance, Higher Power, Fear, Forgiveness, Resentments, Sponsorship and more.
- Stick With the Winners - Find out what other recovering people are doing to work through today's recovery challenges outside the rooms of AA.
The HistoryFirst published in October of 1942 (see edition), Central Bulletin is the oldest continuous A.A. newsletter in the world. It was the brainchild of our first editor Harry D. and was printed on two
A duplicating machine that produces copies from a stencil, now superseded by the photocopier.mimeographed sheets .
The following letter was received by the Central Bulletin on our 20th anniversary in 1962:
Thanks for your reminder that this is the twentieth anniversary year for the Central Bulletin – the first publication of its kind ever to appear in A.A. While most of us know that it was originally proven in Cleveland that sobriety for great numbers could be literally mass produced, I’m sure that far too few are aware of the vital pioneering part the Central Bulletin played in that all-important development of our early time – and, indeed, ever since! On behalf of the Bulletin readers everywhere, I say to you “May your good journal continue to carry the message in the language of the heart for so long as God shall wish our fellowship to endure.” Very gratefully yours,
- Supplement your member resources
- Enhance your sense of belonging to the fellowship
- A great investment in your recovery
- Convenient with print or digital (full color) format options